With Ramzan right around the corner (like literally tomorrow), we’re all bringing back that one drink that’s synonymous with breaking fasts – the ‘Laal Sharbat’. The thing is there’s more than one kind of sherbet out there.
So what kind is the right kind? This is going to be interesting, we promise.
According to noted herbalist S.A. Basit, the right kind of Laal Sharbat is not the one you get from your neighborhood store, with all the additives included.
A better version of this drink exists. And whats more, you can make it right here at home!
The herbalist was kind enough to even share his Laal Sharbat recipe that helps improve digestion. The simple recipe includes household groceries and supplies.
- Adrak or ginger. A two-inch lump soaked in water,
- Pudina or mint leaves. Around forty pieces,
- Saunf or fennel seeds. one teaspoon
- Water (of course)
- Take all the ingredients and stir-fry them water.
- Then bring the mixture to boil.
- Sieve all the solid ingredients to separate the liquid.
- Then add four spoons of red sharbat (Rooh Afza or Jam-e-Shireen) to water.
So there you have it. What this magic and healthier mixture will do is help your liver with the detoxification process. It also helps you maintain a healthy stomach and kidney.
Don’t forget to try it this Ramzan. Happy fasting!