Wateen to face WiMAX Competition in Pakistan, Soon
One of our fellows, M. Junaid Khan, recently discovered a job’s ad from Wi-Tribe in some newspaper. Obviously, there is nothing exciting in that, however, the clue he got was of some importance for internet users in Pakistan.
Junaid Khan, predicts that Wi-Tribe is going to launch their WiMAX services very soon in Pakistan. It merits mentioning here that Wi-Tribe is jointly owned by Qatar Telecom, ATTCO group and Clearwire, and they are already operating WiMAX in Jordan.
Wi-Tribe is one of fourteen LDI license holders in Pakistan, and they had been in a dispute with Telecard, reported here.
LinkDotNet is also intending to launch its WiMAX services in Pakistan, while they are in an agreement with Alcatel-Lucent for WiMAX deployment.
So there are some sign of competition for Wateen Telecom in coming days. Wateen say they have managed to grab 15,000 customers till now, and they hold 9 percent share in broadband market. Un-confirmed sources have reported that Wateen may start its DSL operations as well, to compete and survive in the tightening low priced market.
- Mobilink WiMAX – Soft Launch Expected Soon
- Wi-Tribe WiMAX Soft Launch Soon
- Wateen Launching USB Dongle, Soon
- Another Wimax Operator Launching Soon – Augere
- wi-tribe Stands Next in WiMAX Operator's line in Pakistan
- Motorola Will Expand wi-tribe’s Network
- Rumor: Telenor to Launch WiMAX Operations in Pakistan?