Pakistan Ranks 5th in Asia in Mobile Phone Users
With 93 million cellular subscribers (by May 2009), Pakistan stands fifth position for number of mobile users in Asia.
China easily ranks first with 644.8 million subscribers, while India scores second position by having 391.6 million mobile phone users. These two countries share 25 percent of total mobile phone users in the world, that is 1.04 billion subscribers of the world’s total number of 4.15 billion.
The third largest mobile market in Asia is Indonesia, with around 144.6 million, followed by Japan.
In fifth position is Pakistan, followed by Vietnam with around 73.2 million users.
The seventh is the Philippines with 71.7 million, followed by Thailand 62.7 million, Bangladesh 46.3 million and South Korea 46.2 million.
The top ten countries for mobile users in Asia have 3.48 billion people and 1.68 billion mobile users.
Source: Viet Nam Net
- Global Mobile Subscribers to Surpass 6 Billion, Pakistan Ranks 9th
- Send Unlimited Free SMS to 19 Asian Countries
- MNP Users in Pakistan
- Women in Developing Countries Less Likely to Own a Mobile Phone
- GSMA Confirms Global Mobile Connections Surpass 5 Billion
- Japanese Operator Eyes Pakistani Market
- Women and Mobile – A Global Opportunity