Pakistan Ranks 9th in Global Mobile Markets - 1H 2009 Update
The Global Wireless Markets continued to grow rapidly especially in India and China where the carriers (together) are adding around 20M new subscriptions every month. China crossed the 700M subscriptions mark in July while India’s total went past 450 in Aug. Overall, the global subscriptions penetration is above 64%. During 2009, services revenues further tilted towards data services, increasing 21% from 2008 EOY.
For some leading operators, data is now contributing over 40% of the overall revenues. However increase in data ARPU is not completely offsetting the drop in voice ARPU for most operators. From the true and tested SMS messaging to the new services such as Mobile Advertising, Social Networking, Commerce, Mobile Wallet, and others, different services helped in adding billions to the revenues generated in 2009. US continues to lead Japan and China in total mobile data revenues by a healthy margin.
The top 10 nations by subscriptions are: China, India, US, Russia, Brazil, Indonesia, Japan, Germany, Pakistan and Italy.
Read the full report here or download PDF from here or Power Point presentation from here
- Global Mobile Subscribers to Surpass 6 Billion, Pakistan Ranks 9th
- Pakistan Ranks 5th in Asia in Mobile Phone Users
- Pakistan Telecom Sector Growing Faster than India: PTA Chief
- Mobile Growth Reviving in Emerging Markets
- If SMS Packages are bringing down the ARPU Level? Feed Back Requested!
- GSMA Confirms Global Mobile Connections Surpass 5 Billion
- Pakistan Cellular Industry – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats