Customers Not Happy with Auto Activation of PTCL Voice Mail
Just recently, PTCL re-launched its Voice Mail Service, a free service to for voice messaging while you are away from your landline.
This service is free and is offered in 42 cities of Pakistan.
Now the bad thing happened when PTCL auto activated this service, country wide, without letting their customers know and/or without their consent.
We know the fact that service is free, however, we can’t deny the fact that customers may not want to avail this service, for many reasons. Top of the list reason is that it costs a call to caller, when nobody picks the phone after a set number of rings.
This has happened before when PTCL had auto activated the Voice Mail service, then PTA took the action and had asked PTCL to advertise the de-activation method of Voice Mail.
We hope PTA will go one step further this time, and will direct the company to deactivate service on all phones, so that only those who want it can activate it at any time.
A penalty, in addition, from authority can keep PTCL away from doing such activities in the future.
To deactivate this service, dial #06# from your own phone or by calling 1236 helpline.
- PTA Asks PTCL to Advertise De-activation Process of Voice Mail
- PTCL’s Free Voice Mail Service is Now Remotely Accessible
- PTCL Introduces Video Calling Services
- Consumer Alert: Beware of Automatic Activation of VAS Services
- Voice SMS from PTCL to Cellular numbers with Kehdou Voice SMS
- PTCL Revises its Student Broadband Package
- PTCL VideoCon Service Extended Countrywide