CPLC Lahore Has a Website Now - Asks 17 Digit IMEI Instead of 15
CPLC Lahore has setup its website, for online point of contact for citizens. Along with many other activities, you can report a stolen cell phone on this website as well.
Here is the link: http://www.cplc-lahore.gop.pk/mobile-theft-form
But unfortunately, like so many other government websites, CPLC Lahore presents another masterpiece of un-professional work. Let me explain why,
First option is about “Complain Type” and options are
After this, here comes another blunder: Form asks for 17 digit IMEI number. As they didn’t know that there are 15 digits for IMEI number of every GSM phone (at least on planet Earth)
Let me tell you another very interesting fact that there are actually two forms for reporting Mobile Phone theft, one linked in top menu and another in left menu.
By clicking on “Report Mobile Theft” button, you will reach this page: http://www.cplc-lahore.gop.pk/mobile-theft-form-old
Form on this page make some sense, other than this field: “Office Number is mandatory”. This page is said to be old one (as in url) and probably is not monitored, only Allah knows better.
- How to Protect your Stolen Phone
- Suggestions for Stopping Mobile Snatching Incidents
- PTA might Start Blocking Chinese Handsets without IMEI
- What are Chances of Getting Back a Stolen Mobile Phone?
- Mobile Edition of PTA’s Website Launched
- Police May Get GSM Caller Location Identification System
- PakReport Maintains and Alerts Centralized Flood Data