Blackberry Services Yet to be Fully Restored
Blackberry services in Pakistan are yet to be fully restored, after they were banned in the country on May 20th, 2010 due to blasphemous content on Facebook.
Internet access to Facebook was blocked based on Lahore High Court’s decision. However, later on May 31, 2010 LHC lifted the ban, but Blackberry services are still undergoing issues due to in-availability of filter at RIM.
Sources told us that PTA is in contact with RIM to arrange the filter for blasphemous content.
Users can access blackberry email services however browsing isn’t possible yet. Blackberry users in Pakistan are currently using wap to access internet websites.
Spokespersons of cellular companies confirmed us that they are in-line with PTA over the issue. They said efforts are being made to restore all services except those URLs that contain blasphemous content. However, no deadline was mentioned by spokespersons.
- BIS Services Still Down with No Signs of Restoration
- List of Blocked Websites in Pakistan [Blashphemy Crackdown]
- Blackberry Services Go Offline in Pakistan
- RIM Bows Down to Indian Govt
- ISPs Fear Slow Internet after Blocking Thousands of Websites
- YouTube Gone
- Thanks for Reminding us of Draw Mohammad Day by Blocking Twitter