PTCL EVO WiFi: Share Internet with Others
Though, some gurus could share PTCL EVO’s internet with “Internet Connection Sharing” or ICS, however, not everyone knew the technique.
Today, PTCL announced this PTCL EVO WiFi device, which will all you to share the internet with other users on the same network in the vicinity or say in the same building.
It is a similar to old EVO device, but it can provide wireless internet connectivity over WiFi within a range of 30 to 40 feet (advertised range). This way, you can establish your own hotspot at your home, office, park or anywhere (just like wireless routers).
PTCL on its website writes:
Introducing yet another first of its kind in Pakistan; EVO Wifi cloud is a mobile hotspot that intelligently converts your home/work space into a personalized wifi zone and is sure to revolutionize the way internet is used in the country.
Features and Benefits:
- PTCL’s EVO WiFi will allow you to connect up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices to Evo 3G Wireless Broadband
- Share your internet connection with friends, family, co-workers
- Forget about cords and cables; just push a button
- Small enough to fit your pocket yet powerful enough to bring internet to 5 Wifi gadgets simultaneously.
- The sleek design is easy to carry and looks good anywhere, from the board room to the coffee shop
- Secure Password protected connection that lets you choose the people and the devices who access your wifi zone.
- Wifi devices in the range of 30-40 feet from the Wifi Cloud can be connected to 3G speeds via the EVO Wifi cloud.
PTCL Evo WiFi comes with 3.1 Mbps connection, and prices are as following:
- Device Charges (One time cost): Rs. 6,999
- Evo WiFi Unlimited Charges (Monthly): Rs. 2,000
- PTCL Landline– monthly charges are included in PTCL Landline bill.
- Advance Line Rent – advance payment at PTCL OSS, Ufone service centers or MCB Bank.
Currently available in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore & Karachi. The devices would however be functional at EVO 3G speeds throughout the 106 cities currently covered by the EVO 3G wireless broadband network.
Following is the official PR on the product:
Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd (PTCL) has introduced 3G Evo Wi-Fi Cloud, for its existing and potential customers. 3 G Evo Wi-fi cloud is Pakistan’s first intelligent mobile Wi-fi.
It is a new category of mobile broadband that combines the best of two technologies, 3G Evo 3.1 MBPS wireless internet and Wi-Fi in a sleek device that lets users put their world of content, services and connectivity in the palm of their hand.
The Evo Wi-Fi platform creates a personal mobile Wi-fi of high-speed broadband connectivity that can be easily shared between multiple users. Up to five Wi-Fi devices such as laptops, smart phones, cameras, gaming devices and multimedia players can connect simultaneously.
The Evo Wi-Fi Cloud is a great solution for users looking for a strong Wi-Fi signal on the go. EVP Wireless business Syed Asim Ali stated that; “The portability of the Evo Wi-Fi Cloud design with one-touch connectivity for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices delivers a true wireless experience with no cables or software installation required, the Evo Wi-Fi Cloud mobile hotspot easily supports all the needs of a family household, a frequent traveler who wants to avoid Wi-Fi charges, or even a small business team.
The device with a form factor about the size of a few credit cards is convenient to carry in pocket.
SEVP Commercial PTCL Naveed Saeed on the occasion stated that, “PTCL is determined to bring the most cutting edge innovative solutions and technologies to its customers. The launch of the Evo Wi-Fi Cloud will help meet the growing demand for innovative and easy to use mobile broadband connectivity solutions for both business and casual users. We are constantly introducing new technologies and products to provide customers with the most advanced mobility solutions available.”
- PTCL Introduces Nitro WiFi Cloud
- PTCL Offers EVO / Nitro Compatible WiFi Routers
- Get PTCL EVO WiFi Cloud and Nitro Cloud Devices for Free
- PTCL Introduces WiFi Routers for DSL Customers
- PTCL Introduces EVO Wingle, a 9.3 Mbps WiFi Enabled USB Dongle
- PTCL Introduces Jadoo Box
- PTCL EVO Reaches 180 cities, Nitro in 70 Cities