Does This 3G Ad (for Afghanistan) Hurt you?
This above ad is being advertised on Google network by Etisalat Afghanistan for its newly launched 3G services. You call it bad strategy that it is appearing in Pakistan (on websites with adsense enabled, such as here on ProPakistani) but it could be a purposeful and planned act by Etisalat to enhance the image of its telecom arm in Afghanistan.
Just in case in you aren’t familiar, Afghanistan has got its first 3G network through Etisalat. This is exactly what the above ad is advertising about: “High-Speed Internet has Arrived”.
ARPU (Average Revenue Per User), economic situation, inflation, law and order situation, internet adaptability, smartphone penetration and all other concerning factors in Afghanistan are seemingly not any better than Pakistan.
In such a situation, how does this AD feel like to you? when Afghanistan has a 3G network while it still seems like a distant dream here in Pakistan.
You can share your thoughts in below comments.
- Telenor Posts 11% Revenue Growth in Q3 2012
- Pakistanis Enjoy 1.70 Mbps Broadband Internet on Average
- 3G in 2011: Cellular Operators Already Backing Off?
- Pak Datacom, O3b Sign Satellite Capacity Deal
- Pakistan Sees 1st Live Streaming of Surgery Over the Internet
- Average Internet Connection Speed in Pakistan Stands at 741 Kbps
- Declining Cellular ARPU in Pakistan and its Impact on Economy! [Part 1]