Google Announces Nexus 7 Tablet
We have been hearing several reports and leaks regarding the first Nexus Tablet lately and finally it was at Google I/O today.
After stepping into smartphone business two years ago, Google has announced the direct rivalry for tablets, particularly the iPad and Kindle Fire – but it seems no way near to Windows Surface.
Seemingly made for Google Play, the tablet called the ‘Google Nexus 7’ is manufactured by Asus which has been making some good Android tablets in recent months. The tablet has a 7 inch display to start with and runs on the Hot new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean along with a respectable spec sheet.
Here are the specifications of the Google Nexus 7:
- 7 inch display with an HD resolution of 800 x 1280 with 16M colors
- Multitouch, capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Weight: 340 grams and 10.5mm thick
- Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.3 Ghz Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor with 1 Gb RAM
- 8 and 16Gb non-expandable memory
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p HD video
- No rear-camera
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/NFC/Google Wallet
- 12 core ultra-low voltage Nvidia GeForce GPU
- Accelerometer/Gyroscope/Proximity sensors
- SNS Integration
- DivX/Xvid/Mp4/H.264/H.263 video players
- $25 credit from Google’s Play store
- 9 hours battery life
This stunning hardware comes in 8Gb and 16Gb models as we’ve already told you and both will be available for $199 and $249 respectively. Expect Google Nexus 7 around PKR 30,000 when available in Pakistan.
Only a black model was shown and no 3G version has been announced yet. Nexus 7 will be released in July this year.
- Nexus 7 Takes on Its Competitors in Comparison Table
- Lenovo Releases the Ideapad A2109, a cheap Tegra 3 Tablet
- Archos Releases Low Priced 97 Carbon Android Tablet
- Acer Announces Cheap Iconia B1 Tablet
- Google Unveils New Nexus Smartphone and Tablets
- ASUS Unveils the Android/Windows Running Transformer AiO
- ASUS Announces the Cheap $149 Memo Pad Android Tablet