We have been hearing several reports and leaks regarding the first Nexus Tablet lately and finally it was at Google I/O today.
Seemingly made for Google Play, the tablet called the ‘Google Nexus 7’ is manufactured by Asus which has been making some good Android tablets in recent months. The tablet has a 7 inch display to start with and runs on the Hot new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean along with a respectable spec sheet.
Here are the specifications of the Google Nexus 7:
- 7 inch display with an HD resolution of 800 x 1280 with 16M colors
- Multitouch, capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Weight: 340 grams and 10.5mm thick
- Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.3 Ghz Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor with 1 Gb RAM
- 8 and 16Gb non-expandable memory
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p HD video
- No rear-camera
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/NFC/Google Wallet
- 12 core ultra-low voltage Nvidia GeForce GPU
- Accelerometer/Gyroscope/Proximity sensors
- SNS Integration
- DivX/Xvid/Mp4/H.264/H.263 video players
- $25 credit from Google’s Play store
- 9 hours battery life
This stunning hardware comes in 8Gb and 16Gb models as we’ve already told you and both will be available for $199 and $249 respectively. Expect Google Nexus 7 around PKR 30,000 when available in Pakistan.
Only a black model was shown and no 3G version has been announced yet. Nexus 7 will be released in July this year.