Main Na Manu Haar: Rehman Malik
Mr. Rehman Malik, Minister Interior, decides not to give up against telecom Industry.
After yesterday’s announcement, Mr. Malik, to save face, is now claiming that Raja Pervez Ashraf, Prime Minister of Pakistan, has not scrapped his plans – rather he gave an extension of three months to cellular operators to straighten their acts.
It maybe recalled that Prime Minister had disapproved Pakistan Telecommunication Authority’s November 13th directive, which were issued on advise of Interior Minister, including the sale of SIMs through courier services and ban on MNP.
Rehman Malik, on other hands, claims that Prime Minister just extended the deadline for cellular operators, on their request, and that his plans will become reality one day; something which was not communicated to CEOs (we have checked) or in the press release that was issued by Prime Minister house yesterday.
“Raja sahib is the chief executive of the country and he can take any decision but I am happy that he did not scrap the plan of Interior Ministry”
Mr. Malik didn’t attend yesterday’s meeting between CEOs of the cellular companies and the prime minister due to illness (or maybe out of embarrassment).
- Prime Minister for Taking Steps to Safeguard Mobile Service
- CEOs of Telecom Companies Meet PM, Fair 3G Auction Promised
- New SIMs to be Posted to Postal Addresses: Rehman Malik
- PM Issues New Deadline for Verification of SIMs
- PM Disapproves Sale of SIMs through Home Delivery, Ban on MNP Lifted [Updated]
- VimpelCom Senior Management Meets PM
- Mobile Services Likely to Remain Suspended During Eid: Rehman Malik