Ufone King of Speed Winners Join Camp with Wasim Akram
3 lucky wild card winners from Ufone-PCB “King of Speed” trials joined the national bowling camp. The high profile bowling camp held under the supervision of legendary and former captain of Pakistan National Cricket team Wasim Akram also brand ambassador of the fastest data network, Ufone.
Trials for round 1 were conducted in 10 cities including Multan, Faisalabad, Garhi Khuda Baksh, Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, AJK (Mirpur), Abbottabad and Lahore. A total of 20 fast bowlers, 2 from each city were selected for second round of trials.
After the completion of round 1 & 2 of trials Muhammad Imran and Abdul Ameer from Karachi and Faisal Yasin from Faisalabad are the lucky participants selected to join Wasim Akram in the fast bowler camp being hosted at National Stadium Karachi for one week. Muhammad Akram Pakistan’s national team bowling coach is assisting Wasim Akram for this camp.
Wasim Akram warmly welcomed the fast bowlers on joining the camp. Wasim will train them for the techniques of swing, reverse swing and Yorker which are a must in any bowler’s artillery.
The Ufone-PCB “King of Speed” trials were part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Ufone and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to find and train the best raw talent existing in Pakistan.
To facilitate this grand activity PCB extended full support and played a major part in selection process held at each city.
- Ahmed Jamal Wins Ufone King of Speed Grand prize of Rs. 1 Million
- Ufone Announces Schedule for King of Speed Trials
- King of Speed Contestants Given Another Chance to Win Rs. 1 Million
- More than 2,500 Young Pacers Thronged Gaddafi Stadium Lahore
- Ufone – PCB Select Six Young Bowlers During First Two Days of Trials
- Ufone Announces The Return of Wasim Akram as Brand Ambassador
- Jaisa Karo Gay Waisa Bharo Gay: Wasim Akram Ditches Mobilink to Join Ufone