Pakistan Crosses 125 Million Mobile Phone Users
Pakistan has topped 125 million mobile phone users in the country till May 2013, said the latest stats issued by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority.
According to the PTA stats, Pakistan had 125,012,860 mobile phone users till the reported time, with the tele-density hitting all time high level of 70 percent.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority said that 5 cellular companies added around 2.5 million subscribers during April and May 2013, despite the fact that mobile phone companies are not happy with new regulations and say that new sales are hard to earn.
Even after all the tight regulations and maximum of five SIMs allowed on one CNIC, Zong added 908,039 while Telenor added 852,080 customers during two reported months.
Mobilink grew by 431,160 customers during the period while Ufone added 259,853 customers during April and May 2013.
Mobilink still remains the market leader with 36.75 million customers. Telenor recorded 31.70 million customers while Ufone had 23.87 million customers till end of May 2013. Zong – for the first time – crossed the 20 million mark and stood at 20.20 million customers by May 2013.
Warid had 12.50 million customers by the end of period.
Check more in below graphs:
- Pakistan Reaches 111 Million Mobile Phone Users in October 2011
- Telenor Becomes Second Largest Cellular Company of Pakistan
- Mobile Subscribers in Pakistan Reach 118.3 Million
- Cellular Subscribers Surpass 121.6 Million in Pakistan
- Pakistan Ends November 2010 with 101.64 Million Cellular Subscribers
- Mobile Phone Users in Pakistan Reach 129.6 Million
- Cellular Subscribers Reach 114.61 Million in January 2012