LG Announces G Flex, The Real Curved Screen Smartphone!
LG today announced the world’s first true curved-screen smartphone the G Flex. With the announcement, LG has officially taken on the rival Samsung in curved screen smartphone market.
Weighing a little high at 177g, the G Flex uses a flexible OLED screen technology offer 6 inch display with a dramatic curve on the horizontal axis.
Characterizing the G Flex, Park Jong-Seok, President of LG’s mobile Unit said that phone is the best representation yet of how a smartphone should be curved. He called it world’s first real curved-screen smartphone.
Inside the G Flex, there is a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13-megapixel camera, and a staggering 3,500 mAh battery.
LG has said that curved nature of screen will offer wider viewing angles and enhanced experience. Unlike Samsung, LG didn’t offer any tailor-made aiding software to capitalize the curved screen.
On top of its curved nature, G Flex – according to company – uses a self-healing technology that will automatically get rid of scratches on the rear of the phone.
The LG G Flex is the first smartphone to apply a “Self Healing” coating on the back cover.
The elastic coating has the ability to recover from the daily wear-and-tear scratches and nicks that un-cased smartphones are likely to receive, keeping the G Flex looking newer longer.
LG G Flex will be made available in Korea starting November. Worldwide availability is yet to be announced. No words on price of G Flex were said.
Key Specifications are for the Korean Version, international version may carry different specs.
- Processor: 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm? Snapdragon™ 800 (MSM 8974)
- GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
- Display: 6-inch HD (1280 x 720), Curved P-OLED (Real RGB)
- Memory: 2GB LP DDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMc
- Rear 13.0MP
- Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,500mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Size: 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9 – 8.7mm
- Weight: 177g
- Network: LTE-A / LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
- Connectivity: BT 4.0 / USB 3.0 compatible / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC
- Color: Titan Silver
- Samsung Galaxy Round, World’s First Curved Display Phone Gets Official
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Win and Trend II Droids
- Samsung to Unveil Curved Display Smartphone in October This Year
- Voice Mobile Announces Xtreme V75, a Mid-Range Android Phone
- ASUS Announces the PadFone Infinity with a Mighty Price Tag
- Samsung Announces the Cheaper Version of the Note 3, with the Note 3 Neo
- Nokia Unveils the Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Yet the Lumia 520