want to bore my readers by sticking to Warid only; however, their new website compelled me to write something on it.
Well, at last Warid’s session based old website has gone away, and we have their new website that looks lot better than of the previous one, maybe not the best one that Warid could come up.
Warid guys were maybe not happy with their previous shared hosting; hence their new host is connect2host.com, which has alexa ranking of 12,883,218 (maybe just a starter). And there happened a very interesting thing, tell you what, while I was writing this post connect2host’s home page got hacked lol….
Anyway, designed in PHP, website is loaded with tons of flash animation and image objects. Having a separate low-bandwidth website was a good idea; specifically when majority of Pakistani internet users are still on dial-up.
- Changing the website layout and platform is itself a very good step taken by Warid IT department. Previous platform had session expiration problem, that lasted throughout three years of its life
- Designer has beautifully placed objects on home page; clearly one can access all pages from home. Divided into three segments, front page serves consumers, corporate clients and media personals alike.
- Navigation was quite easy, and I could easily switch between pages with help of top buttons.
- I Just got a feeling that website was developed and designed in quick time, that is why 1 object (interactive images) out of three on home page is jpeg, verses two flash animations.
- Despite of already huge traffic, every website is supposed to be Search Engine Optimized, what I see with this Warid’s new website is that it is least optimized for search engines, not even a single Meta tag.
- Website is designed in multiple color themes, which gives a feel that you are navigating away from the website. However a peep at address bar confirmed me that I was still on WairdTel.com.
- Locating caller tones or ring tones was relatively a hard thing. I was not able to map them, until I was in the sitemap, where I figured out that tones are under a sub menu (and were no visible). Putting them on top menu could save many user’s time.
- You may find very limited number of tones; however we can expect the growth in coming days.
- No search bar, for easy searching
Overall a clean, a simple, user friendly and far easy to navigate website than of what we had before.
Following are direct links if you are looking for something about Warid
Warid PostPaid Tariff
Warid Prepaid Tarrif
Warid’s Coverage Map
Warid Ring Tones, Wallpapers,
Warid Free 50 Minutes
Warid Nites (free unlimited calls on all warid-warid numbers)
Warid Nites is the replacement of Warid Infinte, with free calls on all on net (warid to warid) numbers from 11 PM to 7 AM, but you will be charged Rs. 27.6 (including Taxes) per day.