Ufone has revised its GPRS/EDGE packages for its prepaid customers. Now Ufone users can subscribe for three available packages, depending on their usage to enjoy in-expensive GPRS for their internet needs while on the go.
Procedure is simple, you subscribe to one of three available packages, which will deduct balance from your account according to package and you will be allotted with certain amount of data limit, again according to package. You can use this data with-in a certain time.
The good thing is that you can subscribe again to any package if you use exceed your data limit. By the way, in case your data limit is over, and you are still using GPRS then you will be charged at standard rates, which are Rs. 15 plus tax per 1 MB. So make sure that you have an eye on remaining data limit. To check remaining data package volume & expiry date you can send USSD command to *706# or call 706.
This treat is for prepaid users only, postpaid users, please keep on paying high bills and over charges and keep missing the luxury….!
Ufone UrEDGE Packages (Including Taxes)
How to Subscribe
Compose a mesg “Sub” and send it to 801, 802 or 803 as per the package you want.
Follow the same procedure to subscribe again, if you run out of your data limit, or your account expires.
How to Check Remaining Data Limit
To check remaining data package volume & expiry date you can send USSD command to *706# or call 706. This will cost you Rs. 0.61 including tax.
Things to Note:
- UrEDGE data packages are available for all prepaid subscribers on all prepaid packages.
- UrEDGE data packages are compatible on all EDGS/GPRS supported handsets. If you do not have Ufone GPRS handset settings, you can get settings by calling the Ufone helpline by dialing 333 from your Ufone or SMS “handset model” to 222 or check this step by step tutorial
- All charges are exclusive of Tax.
- The packages are not offered on Prepay VPN packages.
- Complete packages & tariff details can be pulled by sending SMS ‘info’ to 800.
- MMS, Premium URL, Premium downloads OR International data Roaming is not allowed via these data packages.
- To check remaining data package volume & expiry date you can send USSD command to *706# or call 706. (will cost you Rs. 0.61 including tax for checking your volume balance)
- After expiry of UrEDGE Data package the data charges will be reverted to standard GPRS charges of Rs. 15/- per MB.
- There will be no change on UrEDGE data packages if prepaid voice package is switched (e.g. from Uwon to Ufone Ghanta Package etc.).