Wateen has been operating in Pakistan for couple of years now, with being the first WiMAX operator of the country.
Despite the fact that Wateen was able to fetch pretty number of customers, spread wide its infrastructure, coverage, back haul, but unfortunately, somehow it could not leave the impression in the minds of customers.
If you just Google around, or ask for general feedback from your friends or cousins of friends, you may hear following
- Franchisee has not sent me the user name and password, it’s been days now
- Low signal problem
- Internet browsing problem
- Frequent disconnections
- Call center bad experience in resolution of the complaint
- Vague promise of call backs from call centers
And list goes on!!!
Recently, Wateen claimed, they have achieved the 200,000 mark for subscribers’ base; but these stats are not public as of now, neither we have any independent party confirming this figure, like how much ACTIVE and DORMANT (non-Active) subscribers they have on the board.
let’s go with official stats, which is, 200,000 customers, that too in such a short time, but what about the retention and satisfaction rate of these customers?
When service delivery and service recovery both have issues and there is no technical remedial except, some common solutions that you can hear from call center, such as:
- Clear the browser cache
- Only compatible with IE Internet Explorer ,
- Our technical team will contact you shortly, and this shortly has never come to shot.
Solutions to these loop holes:
- Proper maintenance of browsing issues
- Customer service deliverance programs for customers
- Customer loyalty incentives
- Customer win back programmes
- Call center staff trainings & development
- Engineering department has to get efficient for locating problems related to engineering side.
- Proper Restructuring of Franchise & Retail divisions.
- Revision of Sale Strategies.
WATEEN can still PLAY in the market because:
- Wide Network Coverage Map
- Experience that it has earned with time
- Unlimited bandwidth Packages
- Wide range of network of Retail stores and Franchises.
- Largest Subscriber base
Wateen has to come into proactive play if they are willing to compete with new operators, like WI-Tribe & Qubee, because there is no more monopoly involved in the Wimax business.
As we know, Wateen has largest subscriber base, but if things are not streamlined, this top slot can be replaced one day.
We must not forget, WEAKNESS can be an OPPORTUNITY for Competitor – So beware!!!