Pakistan Information Technology Board (PITB) is organizing a game development competition to bring forward the talent. This computer game development competition welcomes all.
If you are a game developer and want to be recognized, here is the chance for you. Be creative and get a chance to win exciting prizes.
- Grand Prize (1st Position) – Dell High Performance Laptop
- 2nd Prize: Sony PlayStation Console with Games
- Three Runner up prizes of iPOD 4 (8 GB)
The participant can develop the game either using Scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu/) or by using Flash (if has required expertise).
- The concept of the games may be based on educational, entertainment or it could be a conversion of any traditional game to computer game
- The complete project must be created by participant, no part such as animation, game character; theme etc. of project should be lifted or plagiarized.
Project will be assessed on following major components
- Art of game characters, scenes and backgrounds
- Music for different scenarios
- Elegance and sophistication of programming
- Anyone can apply
- Preference shall be given to those who are either enrolled for or already hold bachelor degree.
- The participant must not be a professional game developer.
- Jury may call short listed candidates for interview/ demonstration of submitted project to verify eligibility or originality of project.
- You can apply online here.
- Last date for online submission is July 20th, 2011
All Submissions must comply with the following Content Restrictions:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, or intellectual property- or property-related rights.
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsors or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of the Collegiate Challenge.
- The Submission must not contain footage, images or artwork not created by Applicant.
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- The participant’s submission and all components thereof, including all ideas, creative elements and any other materials and information contained in the Submission are wholly original with the participant.
- No person or entity has collaborated with Applicant in creating the Submission, provided any material or information for inclusion in the Submission, or has any ownership rights in and to the Submission or any component thereof.
- Participant has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit the Submission to Sponsors and to grant the rights set forth herein.
The participant’s Submission complies with these Official Rules in full. Submissions must not contain any material that Sponsors, in their sole discretion, deem inappropriate for public viewing and/or determine is contrary to their mission. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify and/or not accept any Submission that Sponsors determine does not or is likely not to comply with these guidelines, to make such changes to any Submission as are necessary to make it compliant, or to require the Applicant to do so.