After the unveiling of low-end windows smart phone Lumia 510, Nokia took the wraps off from another low-end Windows Phone dubbed as Lumia 505.
Running on Windows phone 7.8, the Nokia lumia 505 will sport a 3.7-inch AMOLED clear black display with 800 x 480 screen resolution and is powered by a single core chip 800 MHz Snapdragon S1 processor supported by a 256MB internal memory and 4GB of on-board storage without any SD card slot. But thanks to Nokia and Microsoft, users will get 7GB of free SkyDrive storage.
Nokia has given this device the connectivity options of both 2G and 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and GPS/A-GPS with FM radio.
On back, there is an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with albeit sans Carl Zeiss technology and VGA video recording without the option of front facing camera.
For this device, Nokia is promising battery capacity of 1300mAh, which will last for 36 hours of music playback and 7.2 hours of 3G talk time and the maximum standby time is reported at 600 hours.
This new low-end device will be available in colours of Magenta, Black and Red.
However there’s no information yet on its worldwide availability and prices.
Below is the highlights of specs again:
- Processor: 800 MHz
- OS: Microsoft Windows Phone 7.8
- Dimensions: 118.1 x 61.2 x 11.3 mm
- Weight: 131 g (4.55 oz)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 56K colors
- Size: 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches (~252 ppi pixel density)
- Multi-touch: Yes
- Card slot: No
- Internal: 4 GB storage, 256 MB RAM
- GPRS: Up to 85.6 kbps
- EDGE: Up to 236.8 kbps
- HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1300 mAh (BP-3L)
- Stand-by: Up to 670 h
- Talk time: Up to 7 h 30 min
- Music play: Up to 36 h