In line with Sony Xperia Z, another smart phone unveiled by Sony at CES is named Xperia ZL.
It is quite similar to its sibling flagship Xperia Z carrying same internal specifications like 5 inch 1080p Bravia Engine 2 screen, 2GB RAM, 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core chip-set, Adreno 320 GPU, a 13 MP Exmor RS sensor snapper and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The connectivity options have been kept similar too; that are 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/m, GRPS,EDGE A-GPS ,Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot and Bluetooth.
While the specs sheet are identical of Xperia Z and ZL, but the build of two devices is entirely different. The Xperia ZL is slightly lighter than Xperia Z which is covered in a rubbery plastic with a front camera placed in the bottom right corner of the front panel and dedicated camera button. On the other hand, Xperia Z features carbon fiber skeletal frame and a glass back panel.
The other thing that differ Xperia ZL from Xperia Z is the absence of IP57 certification which makes Xperia ZL non-water proof.
Here are some technical specifications for this device:
- Display and Screen: 5 Inch FULL HD Touch Screen Delivering a resolution of 1920 x 1080 Pixels and Scratch Resistant Glass with QWERTY Keypad
- Operating System : Android v4.1 Jelly Bean with BRAVIA Engine 2
- Processor:1.5 GHz Quad Core Processor
- In-built Memory : 16 GB
- 2 GB of RAM
- 64 GB of Expandable Memory
- Rear Camera : 13 MP with Flash and Auto Focus and Exmor RS Sensor
- Front Facing Camera :
- 2 MP for Video Calling
- Video Recording with HD 1080p
- Connectivity: EDGE,GRPS, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/m, A-GPS ,Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth with A2DP.
- Battery: 2370 mAh.
- Others: USB Port 2.0, HDMI Port via MHL, NFC Support, USB Tethering, GOLNASS and DLNA, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Single SIM Supports
Sony Xperia ZL is expected to ship in March 2013.The pricing detail is yet to be revealed, however, it is expected to ship over Rs. 55,000.
Sony Xperia ZL Gallery