Cyber Secure Pakistan 2013: Dealing with Hackers and Threats
3 years ago
Since last few years we do get regular news about hacking attempts and defacements. Here are few example stories ProPakistani covered lately:
- Google’s Pakistan site, 284 others hacked by Turkish hacker group Eboz
- 2000 Pakistani websites Hacked By Indian United Hackers
- 20 Pakistan websites Hacked and defaced by jaguar for 26/1
- Top Pakistani Government & other 250 Websites Hacked by Indishell
- Pakistan’s Punjab Assembly Website Hacked
- Bangladeshi hackers defaced top Pakistani websites
- Pakistani websites are experiencing massive hacking attempts by Israeli hackers
And the list goes on and on.
Is seems like a cyber-war is going on and there is an immense need of creating awareness about data and information security at all levels i.e. from government to an individual level to secure our cyber fronts.
It was last year in May that Pakistan Information Security Association (PISA) took an initiative to pull up a Flagship Conference on Cyber Security to spread awareness at all levels involving relevant stakeholders of the industry. You can recap the archives of the conference here.
After an year, when the threats have only increased, there is another conference planned on April 20th, 2013 with a focus on to creating awareness about cyber security amongst the general public and corporate sector about Information Security issues.
CSP 2013 will continue to evolve the tradition of securing industrial and organizational data transactions.
At Cyber Secure Pakistan 2013, additional director general FIA, project director NR3C, Minister of IT and Telecom along with Secretory IT will grace the conference with their presence. Dignitaries from Google, Microsoft, Interpol, Cyber Secure Malaysia, EC-Council USA, Oman CERT and Australian Federal Police along with other organizations will be there to discuss their point of views and experiences.
Besides discussions by experts, the conference incorporates different sessions like training and competition in order to pull out the right talent from industry. For that reason NTFS Forensic Analysis training will be given by the CERT team from Malaysia in collaboration with NIMIS. ‘Capture the Flag’ hacking competition with exciting giveaways for the winners is also set in place in collaboration with Tranchulas.
The conference is pertinent for all professionals working in the field of Information or Data Security.
Cyber Secure Pakistan 2013 is carrying the following objectives:
- Bridging the gap between local and global Information Security practices;
- Educating about adapting new streams (tracks) of Information Security for bringing positive change in the IT industry;
- Improving our infrastructure according to the current immediacy of global threat;
- Highlight the hidden talent of professionals working in the back end to bring Pakistan back on the global talent map;
- Bring academia and industry closer to each other for bringing change and solving our collective problems.
You can get yourself registered at: http://www.cybersecurepakistan.com/registration.php
Just to mention, ProPakistani is the official Blog Partner for the conference and we will be brining you all the updates from the conference.
Ministry of IT and Telecom is in official support of the conference where as ICT R&D is among the sponsors for this year’s Cyber Secure Pakistan 2013.