Acer has been outing a myriad of cheap Android and Windows devices for quite sometime now and the Iconia A3 is another one of that chain. The tablet has a 10 inch touchscreen and a quad-core processor under the hood.
The tablet, not being in the high-end category sees a lot of cost-cutting steps being taken. The screen features a paltry resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels with pixel density of 149ppi. That’s ruthless, whatever you call it. The processor under the hood is also most-probably of MediaTek breed and the CPU tech is aging now.
The back does boasts a 5 megapixel camera with Full HD video recording. Also there are Dolby Digital Plus speakers in the thing.
As is customary now, the tablet comes with its own share of software tricks. Intellispin helps the tablet know in what way it is being used even when lying flat, so as to match the screen orientation. Touch WakeApp takes you to your favorite app right from the sleep mode.
Here are the full specs of the tablet:
- Near-stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 10 inch display with resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels (149ppi)
- 0.39 inch thick
- 1.2Ghz quad-core processor with Cortex A7 CPU
- 16/32 GB expandable storage
- 5 megapixel rear-camera with Full HD 1080p video
- Front-facing camera
- microHDMI, microUSB, Bluetooth
- Dolby Digital Plus speakers
- 9 hrs worth video playback
- 250 Euros for the starting model
The tablet will cost 250 Euros or around 35K PKR. That’s a steep price asked for a tablet with rather subpar specs. If that price falls down quickly, then this tablet can actually sell quite well.