Last year, Samsung did its first major attempt in offering a phablet for a acceptable price through the Galaxy Grand. Now, they’re announcing a successor to that phone now, through the Galaxy Grand 2.
The Grand 2 builds upon its predecessor by offering a larger, higher-resolution display, faster internals and a new, leather-like finish. These features bring it closer to the Note 3.
On the front, you’ll get a 5.25 inch LCD display with 720p HD resolution and Gorilla Glass 2 protection. Another change people will notice is the new leather-like finishing on the phone, just like the Note 3 unlike the plastic of the first-generation Grand.
Just like first Grand, the Grand 2 will have a dual-sim version as well.
On the hardware side, the Grand 2 comes with a 1.2Ghz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB worth RAM and 8 GB internal storage, expandable by up to 64 GB via microSD card slot.
Around the back lies an 8 megapixel camera with Full HD video recording and LED Flash. A 1.9 megapixel front-facer can be found too.
The operating system running on the Grand 2 is Android v4.3 Jelly Bean, of course customized with Samsung’s own Touchwiz UI.
Here are the full specs of Samsung’s latest toy:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean customized with Touchwiz UI
- 5.25 inch LCD display with 720p HD resolution of 720 x 1280
- 8.9mm thick
- 163g heavy
- Optional Dual-Sim
- 1.2Ghz quad-core processor with 1.5 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage, expandable by up to 64 GB via microSD
- 8 megapixel rear-camera with Full HD 1080p video recording
- 1.9 megapixel front-camera
- dual-band Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0
- 2600 mAh battery
- Available in White, Black and Pink