With CES 2015 fast approaching, more companies are preparing to unveil their big guns. Apparently, LG is extra short on patience as posters portraying a curved smartphone were recently spotted on the CES show floor. From the looks of it, the LG G Flex 2 quite closely resembles its banana-like predecessor which is no surprise.
What might surprise some is the fact that LG G Flex 2 is infact smaller than the LG G Flex. In this day and age, you normally expect manufacturers to go all guns blazing at the size, especially with sequels such as these. Not in this case; though, perhaps for the better since it could ensure ease of use.
The LG G Flex 2 gets a 5.5-inch Full HD display with considerably narrower bezels bordering it. The visual experience looks promising with 403ppi when compared to the predecessor’s 6-inch 720p touchscreen’s. Under that hood, the G Flex 2 packs a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 which should power the Android 5.0 Lollipop with ease and grace.
The newly introduced ‘Self Healing’ feature makes sure that the back continues to look new and shiny despite the usual wear and tear it undergoes. One adoption from LG G3 has been the Laser Auto Focus camera which is a clever addition. Its combination with dual LED flash and LG’s very own OIS+ technology ensures quality photos even in low lighting.
The software sufficiently accommodates the curve enhanced experience. Features such as Gesture View, Gesture Shot, Glance View and Fast Charge help make the most of G Flex 2. Gesture View allows quick access to the last selfie you took whereas Gesture Shot helps you capture the perfect shot only using a hand gesture from as far as 1.5 meters.
Glance View shows important information like time, missed calls and text messages with a simple swipe. Finally, Fast Charge enables users to charge the G Flex 2 to 50 percent in less than 40 minutes.
Here are the specifications:
- CPU: 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- OS: Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop)
- Supported Networks: 4G LTE, HSPA + 21/42 Mbps
- Dimensions: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4 mm
- Weight: 152 g
- Curved P-OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.5 inches (~403 ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 2GB DDR4
- Internal: 16GB / 32GB
- Card slot: microSD, up to 128GB
- Primary: 13 MP, OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus, dual LED flash
- Secondary: 2.1 MP
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready v4.1, NFC, MicroUSB v2.0, A-
- GPS/Glonass, Slimport
- Battery: Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery
- Price/Release Date: Not yet announced