In a move that is going to simplify the data usage for Zong’s customers, company has combined its 3G and 4G packages to offer technology neutral data tariffs for its prepaid customers.
This consolidation of 3G and 4G packages is valid for all plans having a monthly data limit of 2GB or more. Meaning that any plan that comes below 2GB monthly data limit will be valid for 2G and 3G, while anything above 2GB monthly limit can be consumed for 2G, 3G or even 4G.
With this move, 3G users can now avail data package that was previously offered to 4G customers only and vice versa.
Customers will get 4G network where available. In case 4G network isn’t available then customers will be offered 3G network or 2G network if 3G and 4G both are un-available.
Not to mention, customers do need to have a 4G SIM and a compatible handset to use 4G network.
Check below table to have a look at all the packages that you can avail for either 3G or 4G network:
Zong Daily 3G Package:
Zong Weekly 3G Package:
Zong Monthly 3G / 4G Package:
Default 3G / 4G Rate:
- When not subscribed to any bundle, default internet rate would be: Rs.10/MB
- After 1 MB of consumption (for every data session), subscribers would be down-throttled to 256 kbps to protect him/her from consuming too much data at 3G speeds and receiving a bill shock.
- 3G speeds will be resumed once he/she subscribes to a bundle
- Default rate will be charged again after the expiry of data bundle, Add On and OOB rate validity.
- Dial *6464# for tariff activation menu
Data Usage Check:
- Dial *102# to know remaining resources for your data bundle
- Out-of-Bundle Rate: Rs.1/MB – As per the expiry of base package.
- Zong doesn’t impose any speed limit, except for default time package.
- After reaching volume cap of a bundle, the user’s mobile internet speed will be decreased to 2G speeds (256 kbps) to protect him/her from consuming too much data at 3G speeds and receiving a bill shock.
- The normal 3G speeds will be resumed once the user buys an Add On or upgrades to a higher bundle.
- For Daily & Hourly bundles, usage notification messages would be sent at: 80% utilization only.
- All packages can be re-subscribed as many times a customer desires within the validity period, after reaching volume cap (except Daily Packages)
- All packages are on auto-renewal meaning that auto-renewal will keep on happening until the customer does not have sufficient balance for 3 consecutive days. After 4 days of no balance, he will be un-subscribed.