Samsung has announced a new phone for the masses. While we don’t know much about the pricing details, it’ll surely be in a lot of people’s reach.
The display of the phone measures 4.3″ and has a usable WVGA (480 x 800) resolution. Not much is known about the screen tech but it’s almost certainly not AMOLED. Underneath, the phone is powered by a 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor of unknown chipset. That is accompanied by 512 MB worth RAM and 4 GB internal storage, expandable via microSD by up to 32 GB.
The rear camera comes with a 5 megapixel lens and LED Flash. There’s also a 2 mp secondary camera at the front. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. A removable 1,850 mAh battery powers the phone for up to 10 hours. The J1 will be available in a choice of three colors: Black, White and Blue.
Here are the specifications again:
- CPU: 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor
- OS: Customized Android 4.4 KitKat
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G
- Weight: 122g
- 129 x 68.2 x 8.9mm
- Display: 4.3” WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal: 4 GB
- Card slot: expandable by up to 128 GB via microSD
- Primary: 5 megapixel, LED Flash
- Secondary: 2 megapixel
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 1,850 mAh removable
- Colors: Black, White and Blue