Pakistan Telecommunication Authority today published the results for its recently conducted Quality of Service Survey results for mobile operators’ 2G, 3G and 4G services. This is authority’s first QoS survey after the auction of 3G/4G spectrum.
PTA said that results are based on Quality of Service survey that it conducted in various cities across Pakistan during 2015.
QoS Survey Results for 3G Services
Mobilink topped the charts for their 3G services with average download speeds of 4.04Mbps and average upload speeds of 3.17Mbps on its network.
Zong remained second with average download speed of 3.66Mbps and average upload speed of 2.93Mbps across various cities of Pakistan.
Telenor scored average download speeds of 2.22 Mbps and average upload speeds of 1Mbps while Ufone’s average download speed stood at 1.27Mbps and average upload speeds of 1Mbps.
Clearly the 10Mhz blocks of 3G spectrum helped Zong and Mobilink to offer better 3G speeds to consumers.
QoS Survey Results for 4G Services
There are currently two 4G operators in country and Zong topped the 4G speeds with 9.4Mbps average download speed and 6.1Mbps of average download speeds.
Warid, the other 4G operator, managed to achieve 5.95Mbps of average download speeds and 2.9Mbps of average upload speeds for its 4G LTE services.
QoS Survey Results for 2G Services
2G services for all operators remained with-in the defined threshold levels, except for couple of instances. Overall 2G services remained above standard and almost all operators were closely ranked for majority of 2G KPIs.
- Moblink topped for network uptime with a total of 0.23% of downtime experienced on its network
- Telenor topped for “Grade of Service” with 0.55%
- Telenor remained most accessible network with 99.56% accessibility
- Mobilink scored best for call connection time with 5.04 seconds
- Warid remained best for call completion ratio with 99.54%
- Telenor’s End to End Call quality remained best with 3.78 MOS (Read below note for more info on this)
- Ufone and Warid scored 100% for Inter System Handover of CS voice
- Warid topped for end to end SMS delivery time with 3.1 seconds
Note: Mean Opinion Score or MOS is matrix used to measure call quality. MOS scores ranges from 1 for worst quality to 5 for excellent quality of call.
City wise 3G QoS KPIs for Mobilink
City wise 3G QoS KPIs for Ufone
City wise 3G QoS KPIs for Telenor
City wise 3G QoS KPIs for Zong
City wise 4G QoS KPIs for Zong
City wise 4G QoS KPIs for Warid