The second cycle of incubation at The Nest i/o, [email protected]’s Tech incubator, has come to an end and 13 diverse startups have graduated. A press conference and graduation ceremony for the second cohort was held on December 19 at The Nest i/o to introduce the graduating businesses to the media.
On this occasion, Jehan Ara, the President of [email protected] and Big Bird at The Nest i/o, talked about the talented teams, all of whom have a lot of potential, have started innovative businesses and are creating jobs for other young people like themselves.
The more businesses we incubate at The Nest i/o, the more we realize that there is no shortage of talent in Pakistan, particularly in the technology sector. This batch of teams have proven yet again that people from all sorts of backgrounds can come together to grow, learn and take their dream forward, and we are here to help them make that happen. – Jehan Ara
The Nest i/o provides budding entrepreneurs with space, testing devices, mentoring, a specialized curriculum, access to investors and to a vast network of business people. It also provides them with an opportunity to form life-long friendships with individuals like themselves.
A project of [email protected], The Nest i/o was set up in partnership with global partners Google for Entrepreneurs and Samsung, and with a supporting grant from the US State Department.
List of Graduating Startups
The graduating startup businesses in this cycle include:
- Hireonic, a portal to streamline technical recruitment thus saving recruiters many man-hours
- MandiExpress, an online marketplace for ordering fresh, organic produce straight from the farm,
- Wondertree, a platform using Augmented Reality games to address the challenges of special children,
- Rateker, a social app for sharing anonymous feedback,
- RentMyCar, an online car rental marketplace,
- T7M, a content generation website,
- KheloKricket, Pakistan’s first social hub for cricket players,
- Everee, a discovery app with offline notifications,
- Inferential-S, a security authentication solution based on keystroke dynamics,
- WPJIT, a WordPress website management plugin,
- IOTechnica, a startup designing products based on the Internet of Things,
- pk, a portal to find admissions in top universities
- eTuitionHub, an online learning platform with teachers from around the world.