A while back, OPPO unveiled its camera-focused F-series Smartphones at the MWC 2016. Immediately after the launch of the F1, the F1 Plus was teased. Finally, the phone has been released. The new smartphone comes with a 16 MP/13 MP camera combo and a metal unibody design.
The OPPO F1 Plus
OPPO F1 Plus is nothing more than a renamed international version of the OPPO R9. The phone comes with the exact same specs and design as the Chinese variant. The F1 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display. Its screen sits in a 6.6mm thin aluminium body. The home button, sitting below the screen, doubles as a fingerprint reader.
The R9 doppelganger is powered by a Mediatek Helio P10 clocked at 2.0GHz. There’s 4GB of Ram and 64GB of internal storage on board. There’s a microSD card slot with support for up to 128GB using a hybrid slot (which can also be used as a second SIM slot). 4G LTE support is also built-in.
The f/2.0 camera is also of a higher resolution than the back camera, which has a 13 MP resolution. You’ll further get a few specific modes to get the most out of your snaps.
Typical for the F series, F1 Plus is a camera focused phone especially designed for those who love to take selfies. It has a higher-resolution and brighter front camera sensor when compared with the rear one. The front camera uses a Samsung made 16MP ISOCELL sensor, while the rear camera uses a 5-element 13MP sensor. The front camera features a field-of-view of 78.1 degrees while the rear camera boasts an FoV of 80.6 degrees.
The F1 Plus runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and carries a mediocre 2,850 mAh battery unit. The battery however, makes use of OPPO’s trademark VOOC Flash Charge, letting you charge the phone in minutes. VOOC Flash Charge can charge a phone for 5 minutes and provide a talk time of 2 hours.
OPPO F1 Plus is coming to the Pakistani market within the next few days. The prices aren’t confirmed yet but watch this space as we’ll have them very soon.
OPPO F1 Plus Specifications:
- CPU: 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T860MP2
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P10
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop based ColorOS 3.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.3 x 6.6 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p resolution (401 ppi)
- Scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass 4
- AMOLED display with 1.66mm bezels
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- Internal: 32GB/64GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB via microSD (uses second sim slot)
- Primary: 13MP f/2.2 Sony sensor with 1080p video, Phase Detection Auto focus, HDR and Flash
- Secondary: 16MP f/2.0 and 78.1 FoV
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS, WiFi n, USB Host, fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 2,850 mAh with VOOC Fast Charge
- Colours: Gold, Rose Gold
- Price: Not announced
Image Source: 9to5Google