Most of the development projects of the Ministry of Information Technology are facing major issues due to meager funding releases by the federal government, we have learnt.
The federal government has released Rs 288 million i.e. 37 percent of allocation of Rs 772.804 million against different ongoing projects of the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication under the Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) in the current financial year, revealed the latest data of the Ministry of Planning, Development and Reforms.
No amount has so far been released against the Replication of E-Office (Basic Common Applications) at 45 Divisions of Federal Government) (Islamabad), Research & Development Unit (Islamabad) and Technology Parks Development Project at Islamabad projects.
According to the Economic Affairs Division China has released Rs 1144.5 million for Construction of Cross – Border Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) System between China and Pakistan for International connectivity of Voice / Data Traffic (CPEC).
The government had earmarked Rs 922.804 million including Rs 722.804 million local component and Rs 150 million foreign component. However the document of Ministry of Planning, Development and Reforms shows that only Rs 288.804 million has been released to IT and Telecom Ministry till now.
Here is a list of major projects and fundings released by the government for each one till now:
- Rs 13.44 million against Computerization of PM Secretariat (Phase-II) Islamabad project
- Rs 35 million for Construction of Cross – Border Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) System between China and Pakistan for International connectivity of Voice / Data Traffic (GB) (CPEC) against the allocation of Rs 200 million
- Rs 4.46 million for E-Enablement of FIA, Islamabad against the budgeted Rs 6.1 million
- Rs 5.6 million for Establishment of Coordination Unit at IT & Telecom Division (International Coordination Unit) against the budgeted Rs 8 million
- Rs 10 million for Extension of Islamabad Hospital HMIS (Hospital Management Information System) and Networking Facilities to Children Hospital (PIMS)
- Rs 79.688 million for GSM Expansion of NAs (All Areas) against the estimated Rs 118.45 million
- Rs 42 million for Laying of OFC to connect Remote Location of GB and AJK against the budgeted Rs 60 million
- Rs 2 million for Online Recruitment System for Federal Public Service Commission Phase-I
- Rs 42 million for Provision of GSM Facilities in Neelum District of AJ & K (Phase-I) against Rs 60 million
- Rs 36 million for Purchase of Land in Karachi and Lahore for Establishment of IT Parks against Rs 350 million budgeted
- Rs 5 million for Strengthening of Server Room at Ministry of IT, Islamabad
- Rs 12 million for Site Development and Construction of Boundary Wall at PSEB’s Site for Establishment of IT Park at Chak Shahzad, Islamabad