Apart from the more high-end C7, Samsung also announced a new mid-range phone that comes with a metallic design called the Galaxy C5.
The phone comes with a smaller 5.2” display with 1080p resolution and Super AMOLED panel. It also runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with TouchWiz.
The phone has support for LTE, while also supporting dual-SIM connectivity. The second slot can also be used to expand memory by up to 128 GB. Apart from it, you have Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC and Bluetooth.
Under the hood, you can find a Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor with an impressive 4 GB RAM and either 32 or 64 GB storage. The back boasts a 16 MP sensor with Flash, along with an 8 MP sensor up front. The front also has a fingerprint scanner, which shows Samsung has covered all the basics.
Battery capacity is 2600 mAh, sadly with no fast-charging. Pricing is set at $335 (Approx. Rs. 35,000) for the 32 GB model, or $370 (Rs. 38,000) for the 64 GB model.
Samsung Galaxy C5 Specifications
- CPU: 64-bit octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 617
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; dual-SIM
- Display: 5.2” Super AMOLED with 1080p resolution
- Design: thickness: 6.7 mm, weight: 143 grams
- Memory: RAM: 4 GB / Internal: 32, 64 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Camera: Primary: 16 MP, f/1.9, LED Flash / Secondary: 8 MP, f/1.9
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, LTE
- Battery: 2,600 mAh
- Price: $335 (32 GB), $370 (64 GB)