Other than announcing its flagship, Meizu announced another high-end phone for its audience. Dubbed the M3X, the phone is a smaller version which borrows some of the features of its older sibling.
Meizu M3X’s construction is done by glass and metal, making it the first such phone from its maker. The display is a large 5.5-inch 1080p LCD. Below the display is a fingerprint scanner while above it is a 5 MP camera with f/2.0.
Underneath, you’ll find a MediaTek Helio P20 processor with eight cores, as well as either 3 or 4 GB RAM, and 32 or 64 GB storage (likely non-expandable).
At the back sits the same 12 MP camera of the Pro 6 Plus, with its Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0, PDAF and a single, simpler LED Flash. The battery capacity is set at 3,200 mAh with faster mCharge support. For connectivity, you get options such as VoLTE and USB Type-C.
The Android version running is 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6 on top of it. The phone will be available in four colours.
Pricing is set at $247 for the 3 GB variant, or $290 for the 4 GB variant. It will go on sale early next month.
Meizu M3X Specifications:
- CPU: 2.3GHz 64-bit octa-core processor
- GPU: ARM Mali T880
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P20
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme 6.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 5.5-inch LCD with 1080p resolution
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: no
- Primary: 12 MP, f/2.0, PDAF, Sony IMX386
- Secondary: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, GPS, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, VoLTE
- Battery: 3,200 mAh
- Colors: Phantom Blue, Pearl White, Obsidian Black, Gold
- Price: $247 (3 GB); $290 (4 GB)