The twin cities are abuzz with excitement and dread – depending on who you support – as Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is planning to hold a huge rally there today.
To maintain the security during the rally and manage the numerous party workers and participants, over 600 policemen have been deployed for the rally. This was confirmed by the Islamabad Traffic Police (ITP) on Thursday.
Moreover, ITP also devised alternative routes for the citizens as most of the main roads will remain closed due to the rally.
Here is the traffic plan that you need to keep in mind if you’re planning to commute from certain routes today:
- Take left turn from Kashmir Highway towards the parade ground’s parking lot
- Use Expressway and Faizabad before making the U-turn from the Garden flyover
Bhara Kahu Traffic
- Use Murree Road, Rawal Dam Road before making the U-turn at the Garden flyover
- Use Faizabad bridge to head towards the parade ground
- Use Dhokri Chowk, Rawal Dam Chowk, Murree Road
Sector G-6, G-7 and F-8 Traffic
- Take right turn from ZTBL
- Use 9th Avenue from Sector G-8
Sector I-8 Traffic
- Use I-8 signal IJP Road
- Use Murree and Rawal Dam Roads after Faizabad bridge
Kashmir Highway Traffic
- Use Zero Point to head towards Chand Tara Chowk
Murree Road and IJP Road Traffic
- Use Murree and Rawal Dam roads
Here’s the notice released by ITP:
Note: At parade ground, buses will be parked at gate no. 1, whereas cars and motorbikes will be parked at entry no. 2 and 3.