Do you dread going to the bakra mandi for buying a goat for Eid?
There’s just too much that we’d rather avoid. From the painful process of inspecting the goat’s teeth to the countless hours you spend bargaining the final price for the sacrificial animal you want for Eid. Couldn’t it be easier if you could somehow take the struggle off this process? We haven’t even mentioned the smell of ‘bakra mandi’ and the dreaded prospect of bringing back the bakra home in your car if other options prove to be pricey.
But now you don’t need to worry anymore. Careem has started a new initiative – Bakra on Wheels. And it hopes to take care of your bakra (goat) finding and ordering blues.
Bakra on Wheels
Previously, we have seen that some websites tried to capitalize on sacrificial animals that could be bought online.
But Careem brings an even better option. Your ‘bakra’ is just a tap away now.
Here’s how it works:
- All you have to do is to book a ride from your Careem app.
- Book a free ride from by choosing car type ‘Bakra’ and Careem will bring a variety of bakras to your home.
- No more going out of your comfort zones to get hold of your ‘qurbani ka janwar’ (sacrificial animal).
Booking and Delivery of Your Bakra
Careem’s ‘Bakra on Wheels’ promotion is valid for limited areas only. The bakra can be booked any time between 10am-10pm.
- This offer is only available in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.
- Only limited booking slots are available, so book your ‘bakra’ as soon as possible.
- This offer is only valid till 27 August.
- While buying the bakra, the payment will be made directly to the vendors.
- Rates of bakras are fixed. It will cost Rs. 27,000 in Karachi, Rs. 30,000 in Lahore and Rs. 25,000 in Islamabad.
- All payments are to be made via cash.