State Bank of Pakistan launched “Refinance and Credit Guarantee Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs in Underserved Areas” with 0% refinance rate and 60% risk coverage for small businesses.
SBP Governor Mr. Tariq Bajwa, while addressing the launch ceremony in Quetta, reiterated his commitment towards sustainable and inclusive economic growth across Pakistan.
“Women are central to this growth paradigm.”
‘It is for the first time in our history that a scheme with 0% refinance rate and 60% risk coverage for small businesses run by women entrepreneurs has been rolled out,’ he said.
“This scheme is an affirmative action by the State Bank to encourage flow of funds to small enterprises run by women in underserved areas of Pakistan. The scheme earmarks, at least 20% of funds for Balochistan,” said the Governor.
The salient features of the scheme are as follow:
- This facility is for women entrepreneurs in underserved areas of the country for setting up of new businesses or expansion of existing ones
- SBP will provide refinance to banks at 0%.
- Maximum financing amount is Rs 1.5 million.
- Maximum financing period is 5 years with grace period of up to 6 months.
- End user rate is 5% which is locked in for financing period.
- 60% risk coverage is available against outstanding principal.
He expressed his firm hope that banks will make all out efforts in making the scheme a success. He also told the banks that SBP will monitor the progress of the scheme closely.