Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has prepared guidelines for issuance of Non Objection Certificate (NoC) for Local Mobile Phone Assembly Line in Pakistan.
Under the Telecom Act 1996 (section 29), no terminal equipment can be directly or indirectly connected with public switched network unless it has been type approved by PTA.
PTA drafted the following guidelines with respect to establishment of Local Mobile Phone Assembly Line in Pakistan for assembly of PTA type approved models.
These guidelines will be applicable for valid PTA mobile phones type approval holders. PTA may revise the guidelines from time to time and may ask the applicants for further information in order to evaluate received requests.
Request On Company Letter Head
- Company Profile, SECP Registration, Board of Director (BOD) details etc.
- Purpose of use details
- Address of location where assembly line is to be setup
- Details for devices to be assembled
- Certification/ Undertaking from manufacturer that local mobile phone assembly plant being setup by its type approval holder will be in line with best international practices/standards
A Detailed Technical Presentation
- Parts being imported to be used to assemble the assembly line, Packing line & details of materials to be used
- Technical Literature explaining use for each assembly line part
- Commercial Invoice copy
- Airway Bill Copy
Undertaking by CEO/ BOD
- Applicant/Company will apply for type approval for each model in line with type approval regulations and only assemble the type approved model(s)
- Applicant/Company will abide by all rule/ regulation and pay all applicable taxes and duties as defined from time to time as part of local assembly.
- Applicant/Company will obtain NOC/Permissions for each consignment of parts imported for assembly of type approved mobile phone model
- All devices assembled in Pakistan will have clear marking stating “Assembled in Pakistan” on the finished product
- Applicant/Company will register all assembled mobile phone along with IMEI and obtain NOC/Permissions by submitting all documentation along with IMEI details at [email protected] or any other authority prescribed mechanism prior to commercial sale/marketing
- Applicant/Company will provide a sample of finished product from each assembled batch to PTA for inspection. The sample will be returned to applicant upon inspection.
A Provisional NOC for period of 6 months will be issued, applicant will intimate PTA about setup of assembly plant for inspection. Applicant will demonstrate following during inspection.
- Quality and Control Testing at assembly line including Device Function Test
- Controlled Drop test of device
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) setup/tools (e.g.ESD Coat, Cap, Wrist band etc.)
- Product Stress Testing (e.g. Temperature, Mechanical & Electrical, Durability etc.)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Antenna &Signal Test
- Evaluation and verification of IMEI writing
- All local assembled devices should abide by type approval regulation standards related to Health, Safety, RF, EM and SAR.
Noted: Upon successful inspection of assembly line, a formal NOC may be issued accordingly.