Ever have midnight food cravings? Of course, you do! But you may be too lazy to go through all the work of cooking something.
Well, good news fellow readers of ProPakistani! You’ve come to just the right place.
This post contains 6 simple yet scrumptious go-to microwavable recipes. These are perfect for students in dorms and hospitals, so why not impress your friends with one of these?
Without much further ado, let’s jump right in to those mouth-watering recipes.
Note: Please make sure that you use Microwave safe, heatproof dishes/containers/mugs/bowls/plates for these recipes. It goes without saying that ProPakistani is not responsible for any damage.
Every recipe mentioned here has its specified microwaving time. However, keep in mind that every microwave varies from model to model. In such a case, you can rely on the manual timer on the microwave until your food looks edible.
Now onwards to those recipes!
Microwavable Mac and Cheese
Now who doesn’t love a good old mac and cheese? We know we do.
That’s why we’ve brought to you this super cheesy mac and cheese recipe that will make you want more and more.
- ½ cup macaroni
- ½ cup water
- A pinch of salt
- Splash of milk
- ¼ cup shredded cheese or 2-3 slices of cheddar cheese
- Pinch of pepper
- Place the macaroni and water into a microwavable bowl and boil for 2-3 mins.
- Add the pepper, cheese, and milk. Stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
Running late for class? Is your tummy grumbling?
Don’t worry, whip up this easy omelet recipe and enjoy this quick delicacy in less than 5 minutes!
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- One small sized tomato (or as needed) finely chopped
- 1 small sized onion (or as needed) finely chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Cooked/Boiled Chicken shreds (optional)
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Beat the egg.
- Add all ingredients together with the egg and stir.
- Microwave for 1:30 seconds (or as per microwave)
- Sprinkle a pinch of pepper and salt, and enjoy!
Microwavable Palak Paneer
You didn’t really think we’d skip out on desi food now did you?
Of course we didn’t. Try this super simple and healthy, microwavable version of Palak Paneer, which is so good and so healthy!
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tbsp Red crushed chili
- A dash of Salt.
- 2 chopped green chilies.
- Add all ingredients into a microwavable bowl
- Stir for a bit
- microwave for 1:30 seconds
- Place a slice of cheese on the recipe
- Microwave for additional 10 seconds. Enjoy!
Pakorayyy! We love them, and you do too (Case closed).
Now you don’t have to wait for Ramzan or for your mom to make this amazing snack, Follow this quick and easy recipe and you’ll get delicious and healthier pakoras in no time.
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 Very finely cut potatoes in strips (julienne cut)
- Quarter of a cabbage sliced
- ¼ cup gram flour
- Red chili ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp (season according to taste)
- 1 tsp oil
- Mix together the gram flour, seasoning, and oil
- Coat your vegetables in the batter you just made.
- Place the coated vegetables in a microwavable safe dish (pre-greased) to prevent the pakoras from sticking to the plate.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes
- Make just enough batter to cover the vegetables.
- When placing the vegetables coated in batter, be sure to space them apart so they don’t join together.
We know you’re salivating as soon as you read the title, try this Super delicious and easy ‘stuffed chili’ recipe.
Its so easy to make that it’ll leave you awestruck.
- 6 German Chilies (no you don’t need to go to Germany for this, they’re just the huge sized chilies)
- 6 slices of Cheese (1 slice of cheese per chili, if it isn’t that obvious)
- ¼ cup Shredded (cooked) chicken
- Slit the green chilies from the middle making sure you don’t poke your knife all the way through the chilies.
- Place your cheese and chicken inside of the chili
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper on top.
- Microwave for 1:30 seconds. Enjoy.
And for our personal favorite, we picked… *drum rolls*
Molten Lava Cake
To top it off and make things sweeter, we picked this flourless, eggless molten lava cake! (So. Many. Cheats.) Can’t get better than this.
Try this simple super gooey and moist cake, with center filled chocolate.
- For One Lava Cake: Oreos – 3
- Powdered Sugar – 1 Tsp
- Baking Powder – a pinch
- Milk – 2 Tbsp
- Chocolate filling – 1 ball: (ingredients for the chocolate ball below)
- Filling Ingredients 40gms of cooking chocolate
- 1 tsp of water
For the filling: (chocolate ball)
- Add water and chocolate into a bowl and place onto a double boiler, mix and melt the chocolate and refrigerate this mixture for 20 minutes (or until hard)
For the lava cake:
- Grind the Oreos, in a grinder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the grinder
- When well combined, place ½ of the mixture into a microwavable safe mug (coated with oil/butter)
- Get your filling out, spoon the mixture and shape into a ball.
- Place the ball in the center of the half oreo mixture
- Place the rest of the oreo mixture on top
- Lastly microwave for 1 minute
- Flip the lava cake onto a plate, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- It’s better to use a silicone mold for the lava cake, as it’s easier to flip onto a plate.
- You can also substitute the chocolate filling with a cube of your favorite brand.
Bonus: Microwave Cleaning Hack (so your mom doesn’t kill you later)
- Squeeze ½ a large lemon and add ½ cup of water
- Microwave for 3 minutes
- Then let the microwave steam for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, use a sponge to clean off the residue, and you’re done!
So what do you think of these recipes? Let us know how your experience goes!