Cupcakes just may hold the key to instant happiness! They are so inviting, so simple and yet so delectably irresistible.
If you were wondering how you can whip up one (or a dozen of) these sweet nothings in no time at all, you’ve come to the right place.
We’re sure you’ll love it! Try adding in your variations along the way, and do let us know in the comments below how this delicious treat turned out to be for you.
- 250g unsalted softened butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-rising flour (or normal sifted flour with 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tbsp baking soda)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Set the oven to 180C
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- Add butter in a bowl and beat it until softened
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, and milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth
- Scoop the mixture equally between all the paper cases
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, until cupcakes are a light golden color
- Once baked, leave the cupcakes to cool for a few minutes (Picture 7 below)
- In a bowl, mix sugar, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed
- Stir in the 1 tablespoon of the milk
- Gradually beat in enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes
Note: If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
Well now what are you waiting for? Your very own Vanilla Cupcake is ready to be served!