Pakistan has a large pool of talent from almost every walk of life. The country is producing leading doctors, sportsmen, scientists and engineers.
Similarly, Pakistan is also home to some great R&D and product development. Take for example this electric-bicycle.
Our engineers have developed an e-bicycle that complies with international standards.
Here are some specifications and features of this e-bike:
- Top of the line materials ensuring durability and hassle-free use for 15 years.
- Three modes: Full electric (100KM range), PedalAssist (165KM range), and Full Manual (Unlimited range).
- Enough battery cycles to charge daily and last 15 years.
- 130 mins to full charge, and 45 mins to 80% charge.
- Top speed around 35 to 40 km/hr depending on weight.
- Consumes 0.7 units of electricity for a full charge, costing around PKR 0.2/KM.
- Digital dashboard, horn, front and backlights.
- Top of the line motor and Shimano gears.
- Safety features to prevent battery burn and auto cut off with breaks.
- Total weight of the bike is around 18kg.
Have a closer look!
The Price Tag!
With the quality, comfort and standard requirements checked, the only problem with this high-end product is the price tag.
The initially suggested price for each e-bike is $600-$700 which is quite high given the abundance of cheaper Chinese products in the market.
Another demerit which might affect the sale of this e-bike is that on similar prices, conventional Honda CD 70 bikes are available in the market.
While some experts have suggested that this product could attract the buyers only if it is available at half of its price, around $300, $350 others say that it should be sold at a price of $500.
Another expert, while referring to previous experiences, said,
With the biking culture totally out of vogue among the market segments that will be able to afford it, the price point is way off the mark for large quantity sales.