Lahore Waste Management Company (LWMC) has launched an Android application for waste management in the provincial capital.
The app is named ‘Clean Lahore’ and has been developed in collaboration with Punjab IT Board (PITB) to provide citizens with an instant and straightforward way to lodge their complaints.
Citizens of Lahore can register their complaints about waste management in their area, street or society using this app.
“The complaints are assigned to the designated staff of LWMC, and a complete redressal mechanism and assignment matrix are attached with each complaint,” reads the app description on Play Store.
Its slogan is “Let’s work together to keep Lahore clean.”
Punjab Minister for Law and Local Government Raja Basharat was the chief guest in the launch ceremony for this application.
During his address, the minister applauded the collaborative effort of the LWMC and Punjab IT Board for developing “an innovative application to address people’s complaints.”
LWMC’s MD Khalid Nazir mentioned that the use of information technology for waste management is intended to achieve efficiency, transparency and effective control.
He added that the people of Lahore, using this application, can submit their complaint with live pictures, live GPS location, and comments.
How Does It Work?
- The users will have to register with their name, contact number, and National Identity Card number.
- Once registration completed, the complainant should select a related category from the given list.
- Next, you’re supposed to upload the images of a pile of garbage, bad sanitation situation or filthy streets as evidence.
- Enter the location details & enter complainant details.
- Wait for a response from LWMC’s team.
Quite simple, isn’t it?