Rumors of a Redmi 7 had been making rounds for a long time now, now the phone’s official announcement has finally put them to rest.
There’s a lot of features incorporated in this low-budget smartphone for such a pocket-friendly price. With a 4,000 mAh battery capacity and Android Pie topped with the latest MIUI, it’s sure to be a hit among the masses.
Design and Display
The design of Redmi 7 is similar to Huawei’s Nova series phones. It has a 3D gradient finish with dual cameras on the top left and a flash underneath it. The fingerprint sensor is mounted at the center on the back.
It comes with a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display. The resolution is not drool-worthy at HD+ (720 x 1520 pixels) with 269 ppi pixel density. The screen comes with Corning Gorilla glass protection.
The aspect ratio is 19:9 which shows the width of the phone will not be a lot and the screen to body ratio is approximately 81.5 percent.
Internal and Storage
Redmi 7 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset with an octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Silver) processor, in combination with an Adreno 506 GPU.
The software used here is Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 9.0. the phone comes with three variants:
- 2 GB RAM with 16 GB in-built memory.
- 3 GB RAM with 32 GB in-built memory.
- 4 GB RAM with 64 GB in-built memory.
The memory is expandable up to 512 GB with a memory card.
The rear camera is a dual sensor camera with 12 MP main sensor and 2 MP depth sensor. The main sensor has an f/2.2 aperture.
The selfie camera is a regular 8 MP shooter.
Battery and Pricing
Redmi 7 outshines many mid-range smartphones with its battery and pricing specifications. The battery installed in a 4000 mAh unit that has fast charging enabled.
The pricing of the phone is also reasonable. The main variant 2GB/16GB comes at $105, secondary variant 3GB/32GB comes at $120 and the tertiary variant 4GB/64GB is available at $150.
Redmi 7 Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE;
- IPS LCD 6.26 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, (~269 ppi density), dew drop notch
- RAM: 2GB/3GB/4GB
- Internal: 16GB/32GB/64GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 512 GB
- Primary: Dual: 12 MP f/2.2
- Secondary: 2 MP depth sensor
- Connectivity: LTE, USB MicroUSB, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4,2, headphone jack
- Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Price: (2 GB/16 GB) ~$105, (3GB/32GB) ~$120, (4GB/64GB) ~$150