Prime Minister, Imran Khan has launched the ‘largest ever needs-based undergraduate scholarship program in the history of Pakistan’ under the Ehsaas program.
The vision behind the 200,000 scholarships over the next 4 years is human capital development. 50% of the scholarships are reserved for female students.
I will launch the largest ever needs-based undergraduate scholarship programme in the history of Pakistan today. 200,000 scholarships will be awarded over the next 4 years, 50,000 every year, 50% of these for women to promote human capital development under my @Ehsaas_Pk umbrella
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 4, 2019
During the launch ceremony, Imran Khan said that a lack of education and employment opportunities drive youth towards crime.
Under the program, 50,000 scholarships will be awarded to deserving students with a special focus on disadvantaged areas of the country. The scholarships awarded by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) will be applicable in both public and participating private sector universities and colleges.
#EhsaasForStudents: The largest undergraduate scholarship program ever launched in the history of Pakistan
50,000 Scholarships per year
200,000 Scholarships in 4 years pic.twitter.com/f69pvIzrkK
— Ehsaas (@Ehsaas_Pk) November 4, 2019
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 10th December 2019. According to the reports, the scholarship covers tuition fees and stipend for high-achievers from low-income families.
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship program are listed below:
- These undergraduate scholarships are applicable to the public sector and the participating non-profit private sector colleges and universities
- Students admitted on merit at any public sector university
- Family income should be below the poverty threshold
How to Apply
Follow the following steps to apply for Ehsaas Scholarship Program:
- Apply online at HEC’s portal for Ehsaas scholarship
- Submit duly filled forms at the Financial Aid Office of the respective university
- Applications sent directly to HEC or BISP will not be entertained
What are your thoughts on the scholarship program? Let us know in the comments section.