Pakistan yesterday saw 190 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours on April 10th, 2020, lowest number in last one week. Majority of cases, i.e. 86 were reported in Sindh, while Punjab reported 57 new cases — showing a major decline from 108 cases that it reported during previous day.
Total number of deaths reached 71 with 5 new deaths during past 24 hours, three of them from KP while one each from Sindh and Punjab.
Doubling period for new coronavirus cases reached 24 days, up from 5 days just six days ago, showing a positive sign. It is yet not certain that the peak is reached in Pakistan, considering that AI based projections show somewhat bleak situation during the end of April.
Number of new hospitalized cases reached 1,411 — up from 1,402, while the number of patients in ICU on ventilators increased from 45 (a day ago) to 50.
Total number of patients recovering from COVID-19 reached 762.
More details in below graphs and tables:
|Region||Total Cases||Cases in 24 Hrs||Deaths||in last 24 Hrs|
Breakdown of Cases
- Zaireen from Iran: 1,362 (28%)
- Foreign Returners from Other Countries: 1,123 (23%)
- Tableeghi Jamaat: 1,013 (21%)
- Other Local Transmission: 1,290 (27%)
Total Tests Conducted
|Region||Tests Conducted||Last 24 Hours|
*Tests for Punjab are for both Public and Private Labs
|Region||Total Cases||Last 24 Hours|
- Suspected cases are those who are under quarantine facility or those awaiting test results
Hospitalized / Quarantined Patients
- Total No. of Patients Currently Admitted: 1,411
- Clinically Stable: 1,361
- In Critical Condition / On Ventilator: 50
- Quarantine at Home or Elsewhere: 2,544
- Recovered and Discharged: 762
- Deaths: 71