Corona-Free New Zealand’s Latest COVID-19 Case Came from Lahore

New Zealand reported a third case of COVID-19 on Thursday after becoming coronavirus free for 24 days. The Director-General of Health, Dr. Ashley Bloomfield, confirmed that the third coronavirus case to emerge this week traveled to Auckland from Lahore.

The man, in his 60s, is in quarantine after coming to New Zealand on Flight NZ124 after transiting through Doha and Melbourne. The case also raises question marks on the efficiency of Pakistani authorities that claim to be testing everyone flying in and out of the country.

Kristin Hall, a news reporter, later tweeted that everything is all good after a number of Pakistanis responded to her earlier tweet, lamenting the fact that the person traveled from Pakistan.

Earlier on Tuesday, there was a breach in a quarantine facility in New Zealand as reports stated that people had left isolation centers earlier than the set date and later disappeared. The embarrassing fallout has once again sparked fears of a second wave of COVID-19 in New Zealand.


ALSO READ

New Zealand PM Rejected From Wellington Café That Was Full Under Virus Rules


A birthday party of a girl in isolation and a compassionate leave granted to COVID-19 positive people for a funeral are the reason behind the fears of another wave. Currently, there are three active cases of the novel coronavirus in the country.


What are your thoughts on the story? Let us know in the comments section.

Feature Writer


    • Please read the article. I have only said that the latest case traveled from Lahore to Australia and then New Zealand. I haven’t said anywhere that all cases came from Pakistan.

      • Sajawal Rehman
        Ace want to say that if Kristin Hall mention the pakistan name in her tweet. it should also mention UK Name .where 2 cases are also latest


  • >