89% of CSS Candidates Failed in Pakistan Affairs

89% of the candidates who appeared in the Pakistan Affairs’ paper in the Central Superior Services (CSS) 2018 exams failed the subject while none of the remaining 11% who passed the subject secured over 60% marks.

According to the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Annual Report 2018, 44% of the candidates who passed the General Science and Ability’s paper secured less than 60% marks while the remaining 56% received over 60% marks.

69% of the candidates who passed the Current Affairs’ paper secured less than 60% marks while the remaining 31% achieved over 60% marks in the subject.

As for Essay, only 10% of the successful candidates achieved over 60% marks while the remaining 90% obtained marks between 40% and 60%.

In Precis and Composition, only 12% of the successful candidates received over 60% marks while the remaining 88% obtained marks between 40% and 60%.

On the other hand, as per FPSC Annual Report 2019, the most opted optional subjects between 2016 and 2019 were International Relations, Gender Studies, History of USA, and International Law.

60% of the total candidates who appeared for the CSS exams during the said period opted for International Relations while 40% opted for Gender Studies, History of USA, and International Law.

Between 2016 and 2019, the least opted optional subjects were Urdu literature, Economics, Computer Sciences, European History, Philosophy, English Literature, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, and Zoology.



close
>