Want to know How to Apply for Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program? Read the following instructions.
- Type your CNIC number and send it to 8171.
- The Ehsaas team shall verify your credentials from their database.
- After verifying the credentials from database, they will tell you whether you’re eligible for the cash grant or not.
- Payment to beneficiaries will be made after biometric verification through more than 18,000 retail shops of two banks Bank Alfalah and Habib Bank in the country.
- Those people that are being asked to contact the district administration can also register themselves by using the ehsaas web portal (link: https://ehsaas.nadra.gov.pk/ehsas/).
Prime Minister Imran Khan has launched several initiatives to deal with coronavirus pandemic. In order to provide relief to marginalized segments of the society, Mr. Khan has recently launched Ehsaas Emergency Cash program. The Ehsaas Emergency Cash is the largest ever social protection initiative in the history of Pakistan. It aims to provide financial assistance to 12 million families. Under this program, Rs. 12,000 will be given to 12 million deserving families. The total cost set for this program is Rs. 144 billion. However, if the demand for Ehsaas Emergency Cash is higher, additional resources will be earmarked.
Applying for Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program
All daily wage earners and labourers can apply for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program by enrolling themselves via SMS. The Ehsaas SMS campaign will help the government identify the rightful beneficiaries. To check your eligibility for this program, you have to do the following.
- Type your CNIC number in the SMS.
- Send it to 8171
- Ehsaas shall verify your credentials from their database and will respond to you accordingly.
- You will receive an SMS indicating your eligibility or Ineligibility.
- If you’re not in the Ehsaas database, you will be asked to contact your respective district administration
- Those people that are being asked to visit the district administration can also register themselves by using the Ehsaas web portal. Access this link https://ehsaas.nadra.gov.pk/ehsas/
- After accessing the link, type your CNIC number and write the code given in the image.
- Now click on “confirm” to check the eligibility.
- After that, type your mobile number and select your “mobile operator“.
- Finally, click on “confirm” and follow the further instructions to register for Ehsaas Emergency Cash program.
If your CNIC is in the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) database then you will receive a message saying that you’re eligible for this program. The eligible applicants shall be notified regarding the subsequent process via SMS.
According to a briefing from Special Assistant to PM (SAPM) on Social Protection and Poverty Alleviation Dr Sania Nishtar, “People shall be able to collect cash from Points of Sale (POS) of biometrically enabled branchless banking operations and biometrically enabled ATMs”. After the biometric verification of each beneficiary through NADRA, cash transfers will be made to them.
Ehsaas Emergency Cash Ineligibility
- If your CNIC is valid, you will move to the next step. If not then you will receive a message indicating that your CNIC is not valid and you are not eligible for the program.
- If your application is blocked due to blocked sanity profiling then you’re not eligible for this program as well.
- If you or your spouse is a government employee then you’re not eligible for the program.
- The applicant is not eligible if he or she is registered with other Federal Government relief/ funding schemes.
For those that prefer Urdu, we have attached the link containing all the details regarding Ehsaas Emergency Cash program in Urdu.
Do bear in mind that the federal government (Ehsaas program) and provincial government’s welfare programs are NOT the same. However can avail funds from both governments, provided that you are eligible. If you want to know more about how to apply for Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program, you can ask about it in the comments section.