With a tremendous load leveled at Pakistan’s development with economic constraints and unemployment hurdles, things are getting pretty tough lately. People are desperate to locate jobs, resource for education, sustenance for health, and laments for peace.
Our Prime Minister Imran Khan has been quite busy lately, with announcing numerous schemes to tackle poverty and inspire education. Among such veritable aspects of growth and support, Khan’s government recently announced the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship.
Also Read: Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program
Ehsaas Scholarship Programme is the largest need-based undergraduate scholarship programme in the history of Pakistan. This pretty much goes without saying, but this scholarship is the largest ever program in our history.
The PM Imran Khan announced 200,000 scholarships in the upcoming four years’ time. Every year, 50,000 scholarships will be awarded to the talented and needy students of the country for a 4-to-5-year undergraduate degree programme.
Download their forms by following the information given below:
How to apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship
- Visit official website of Higher Education Commission to Ehsaas online application.
- Completed forms along with necessary documents can also be submitted to Financial Aid Office of selected universities.
- Do not send application directly to HEC or BISP.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program will cover
- 100% tuition fee
- Annual living stipend of Rs. 40,000/-
Who can apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program?
- Students with family income less than 45,000/-
- Studying in any year of undergraduate programme in public sector university.
- 50% scholarships are reserved for women
- 2% scholarships are reserved for students with disabilities.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program Selection Criteria
- Merit and needs-based (Based on students GPA and family income)
Universities Covered under Ehsaas Scholarships
- Students of all public sector universities who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- All four provinces
- Gilgit Baltistan
How long students can avail Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program
- Academic progress and performance will be monitored.
- Subject to satisfactory academic progress students will continue to receive scholarship throughout their undergraduate programme.
How will the tuition fee and stipend be paid?
- Tuition fee will be paid directly to the universities.
- Living stipend will be paid in the bank account of the student after necessary verification.
How Transparency be ensured
- Details of scholarships will be available on the Ehsaas as well as HEC web-portal.
Difference between Ehsaas Scholarship and other programmes in country
- This programme represents three major paradigm shifts in the scholarship policy of the government. First, this is the largest-ever need-based scholarship program. It is for students from low-income families, in order to enable them to aspire for higher education. Only a very small percentage of previous scholarships given by the government/HEC were needs-based.
- Secondly, it is the largest-ever national scholarship program. In the last 14 years, HEC has awarded a total of 30,000 undergraduate scholarships, while this scheme will give 50,000 scholarships, every year.
- Thirdly, this scholarship focuses on enhancing the earning potential of the recipients. Past scholarships were aimed at postgraduate programs, i.e., they assumed that students would pay for undergraduate education on their own. The Ehsaas scholarship funds under-graduate education, which is the surest way to enable people to rise out of poverty, and which contributes the most to income generating potential.
Funding envelop for this program
- Annually a minimum of Rs.5 billion will be allocated to this program.
Last Date for Applying
- December 10, 2020
For submitting and loading the official application for the scholarship program, please visit this HEC-linked page for signing up!
This was all about How To Apply For Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program. For more info, leave a comment and tell us what you think!
Good luck and STAY SAFE.
Hmra kon sochy ga imran khan sahib
I think it’s a blessing for low class as well as middle class,but it’s benefits must be delivered to every needful so that to get higher education.
Mujhe uni apni sister ki uni ki fee ki help chaiye
Please help mi my work so lose and not yet proper control home so many west my money in 6 month Lock down so please helpe me with my family thanks to prime minister imran Khan saheb