The Employees’ Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) is the Government institution that operates under the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development. EOBI was formed in 1976, to provide pension, old-age benefits and social insurance to registered employees. The registered employee and the employer of the registered person have to contribute some percentage of the salary to EOBI during the period of insurable employment. Employers have to pay 5% of the minimum wages set by the government. On the other hand, the insured employee has to pay 1% of the minimum wages. Under the EOBI scheme, the insured persons can avail the following benefits which are given below.
Benefits Provided by EOBI
- Old-Age Pension
- Survivor’s Pension (In case an Insured Person is expired)
- Invalidity Pension (In case of permanent disability)
- Old-Age Grants (If an insured Person attained superannuation age)
The government of Pakistan also provide funds to EOBI. It also invests in profitable projects to generate income which is used for providing pension to the insured individuals. The minimum pension of an insured person is Rs. 6500. However, Special Assistant to PM for Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development, Zulfiqar Bukhari announced last year that minimum pensions offered by EOBI will be increased from 6500 to 8500 Rs.
Note: The maximum pension of a person is calculated by using the following formula
(Average Minimum Monthly Wages X No. of years of Insurable Employment) / 50
Last month, EOBI announced the digitisation of all records of pensioners. Now any insured individual registered in EOBI database can check all the details on their website. The insured person just has to access the link: http://www.eobi.gov.pk/eobifs/info-ind.htm to check the details. The registered individuals can also claim the pension by using the EOBI online database.
If you want to know how it can be done, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you will learn about pension claiming method as well as about the documents that you have to submit with the pension claim form.
How to Claim EOBI Pension
- Access this link in your web browser: http://www.eobi.gov.pk/eobifs/info-ind.htm.
- Click on “Insured Person/Employee details”.
- After that, you have to type in the EOBI No. and CNIC number in the given fields.
- A report will be generated.
- Check all the details and send the required documents to the nearest EOBI regional office.
- After that, EOBI will do the verification of your documents and will send you the claim form.
- Fill all the required details in the form and send it to the regional office.
- They will start the claim process for your pension. Once the process is completed you will be given a pensioner card within 30 days.
- After claiming the benefits from EOBI, your pension will be sent to you via a bank of your choice.
Required Documents for Claiming Pension
- EOBI registration card
- Attested photocopy of CNIC (pension claimer and his or her spouse)
- Two latest attested photographs of the insured person
- Last year’s salary certificate from the employer. You can submit last month’s salary certificate as well.
- A proof from the employer that the registered person has never submit the pension claim form before.
- In the case of deceased insured individuals, their spouse can claim the pension. Their spouse has to submit the NADRA issued death certificate, Family Registration Certificate (FRC) and Nikkah Nama.
For those that prefer Urdu, we’ve attached the image containing all the details regarding this process in Urdu.
There are some terms and conditions set that are to be followed in order to claim pension. The registered person has to submit the claim form after 12 months. If they don’t submit the form, they will not receive their pension. If the pensioner is not in the country, their pension will remain suspended till the time of their return.
If you think that anything else should be included in this How To, let us know in the comments.