Creativity has its rewards. Not only does it satisfy your thirst to do something new, but also makes you feel good by seeing something which you have created. Nowadays, you can get anything you want from the market but nothing is as fulfilling as making things yourself. If you want to know how to make use of the old stuff then read this guide to find out how it can be done.
Also Read: How to make Homemade Pizza
In this guide, we will tell you about some of the decoration pieces you can make with shoe boxes. So, just stick with us to the end. This article is all about how to make decoration pieces from old shoe boxes. Read on!
How to Make Decoration Pieces from Old Shoe Boxes
There are many things you can make with old shoe boxes such as wall art, picture frame, shoebox shelves etc. They are easy to make and you don’t need a lot of stuff to create them. So, without further ado, let’s get straight to the point.
Shoe Box Wall Art
In order to make custom wall art with shoe boxes, you need the following material:
- Shoebox lids
- Decorative paper
- Foam brush
Firstly, cut two 4″ x 4″ squares from the corner of the shoebox lid. Measure the squares with the help of a ruler and mark the points with a pen to cut the exact square pieces of the lid.
- Now slide square pieces into each other so that they form a box with four walls.
- After that, attach them with the help of tape. Apply the tape around the corners.
- Once the tape is applied, cut your decorative paper so that it is a few inches larger than the box on all sides. This way it will cover all the sides of the box.
- Apply a thin coat of glue on the box, start with one side at a time.
- Now put the decorative paper on the box and make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Keep doing this until all the sides are covered.
- Once the paper is completely set and glue dried out then punch the thumbtacks as you like.
Note: You can make wall art of whole shoebox lid. With the above method, you can make two wall arts with a regular shoebox lid.
Decorative Wall Shelves
With some craft, you can turn your empty walls into decorative shelves to put lightweight decoration pieces on it. How to make these shelves? Follow the instructions given below.
- Spray Paint
- Decorative Paper
- Glue Stick
- Two screws
- First thing you need to do is to cut the decorative paper to the size of a shoebox. The decorative paper will be attached inside the box.
- Now take spray paint of your choice and paint both outside and inside of the box.
- Once the paint is completely dry, make holes on both top corners of the box. These holes will be used to hang the box to the wall.
- Attach the decorative paper to the inside of the box with the help of glue. Try to cut the decorative paper to the exact size of the box. This way the screws will remain hidden.
Tip: Try to hang the box vertically because this way the box will become sturdier and will be less likely to cause a dip on the ledge of the shelf.
- Finally, put a lightweight decoration piece on it.
Tip: Use the shoebox with thicker sides, this way the shelf will be stronger.
Shoebox Photo Frame
Just like wall art, you can create photo frames with shoebox lids. How to make these frames? Read the following instructions.
- Shoebox lid
- Decorative paper
- Firstly, take a shoebox lid and paint it with any colour you want.
- Keep the shoebox lid to dry out.
- Once the paint is dried, cut the decorative paper.
- After that, apply the glue inside the box. Only apply the glue to the centre of the lid.
- Now place the decorative inside the shoe lid.
- Lastly, place the photo in the centre where you have applied the glue.
Your photo frame is ready; just attach it on the wall with screws or nails.
We hope that you have found this article helpful. If you have any queries regarding how to make decoration pieces from old shoe boxes then ask it in the comments section.